The Biometric Passport
Applying in the Embassy of Algeria in Washington
Biometric passport form to be filled out correctly by each applicant
Annex : Guardian Legal - Spouse/Children
- Original and a Copy of valid Consular registration card
- Expired passport
- Applicant's S12 Birth Certificate (Original and copy).
- Original and a copy of a document showing the legal presence in the US, such as: Visa, Alien Registration Card (“Green Card”) or copy of US passport.
- Statement of employment or school registration
- Proof of address in the consular district.
- Three (3) standard passport-size photos. Photos must be recent, frontal-view, of the same batch, untouched, taken on white background and showing applicant wearing no glasses of any kind, except for prescription eyewear. Please write first and last names of applicant in pencil on back of photos
Photos requirements:- Photos must be 3,5 cm X 4,5 cm (1,4" X 1,9")
- The color background must be white and no frame
- The size of the face must be between 32 mm and 36 mm
or fill 75% of the picture
- The face must appear in the center of the picture
- Photos must be no older than six months and give a perfect representation of the applicant?s features on application day.
Photos that don't meet the requirements above will be REJECTED
- An individual U.S Post Office money-order in the amount of $75 (made payable to the order of the Embassy of Algeria). No other forms of payment are accepted.
-Algerian citizens are invited to call the Embassy to set up an appointment at (202) 265-2800 ext 169.
- It is strongly recommended to make copies of all pages of your expired passport.
Lost, stolen or damaged passport:
In addition to the documents listed above, please provide:
- Police report establishing loss of passport
-Letter explaining in detail how the passport has been damaged.
- Payment of additional fee of $ 25 as a penalty (to be paid by US post office money order only.
Passport for kids:
-A minor is entitled to an individual passport at any age and is no longer permitted to add his photo on his parent passport.
-In addition to the documents listed above, the issuing of a passport to a minor (under 19 years) is subject to a written parental authorization by the father or by the legal guardian who must be present at the consulate to sign the document.
- The presence of children under 12 years is no longer required at the Consulate either when submitting the application or when collecting the passport. These two operations can now be performed by the child's legal guardian. However, the photographs provided must meet the required standards.
For more information you can download the Photo specification
|* Arabic Version|
|* French version|
For further information, please call (202) 265-2800 ext 123.